Thursday, June 24, 2010

HORROR STORY #4

From a victim:

Hello, I have two horror stories and an incident following that I must share.

1. I installed a heat pump 2 years ago, and about a over a year ago, my heat pump failed , and I ended using my woodstove for heat. My normal energy consumption to that point, measured on a Smart Meter was between 13 ans 16 KWH per day. When I received my bill for that period I was shocked to see and average 177 KWH per day. Hydro blamed me, even suggesting that the unit was using more power even though the compressor never started.

2. I had my electricity disconnected 5 days into my new billing period to lift the house. When I received the bill for that period, it showed an average usage of 19 KWH per day, which actually means I was using 114 KWH per day.

Further to this, because of my inability to pay outrageous bills on time I have now been charged a $1250 security deposit which must be paid in one month's time. I have arranged to pay $800, but I am tired of being harassed and bullied.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment, especially if you wish to share your own horror story. If you wish to get involved in the class action suit please contact me directly at jrwakefield@mcswiz.com put Class Action Suit in the subject please.